The desire for additional space in a mother-in-law’s suite and a three-car garage was the impetus for the first project we built for the owners of this 1940 Colonial Revival home in Green Hills. The addition to the right, with staggered pyramid-style roof forms, came across understated and appropriately subordinate to the original house.
A later project transformed the ordinary exterior entrance into a dramatic yet tasteful architectural statement. We removed the front stoop and existing roof structure over the front door. Then, we built a new brick porch and a portico supported by round columns and embellished top with a classic balustrade, moldings and medallions.